Japan Marketing Research Association (JMRA)
ADDRESS: Ishikawa LK Bldg. 2F 1-9-9, Kaji-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0044 JAPAN
Shunichi Uchida (Chairman)
Miki Igarashi (Vice Chairman)
Toshihito Murakami (Executive Director)
ESTABLISHED: February 14th, 1975
- Full association members: 118 companies (Estimated total number of full-time employees in the industry is approximately 4,600 and the market size is roughly 1.9 billion US$).
- Supporting member (legal entities): 85 companies (mainly clients).
- Supporting member (individuals): 107 persons (mainly academic researchers).
The Japan Marketing Research Association was established in 1975 in order to further the development of the marketing research industry in Japan and the world. Since then JMRA has played an important role establishing a marketing research code of ethics, and providing opportunities for training and education for the employees of association member companies.
The mission of all JMRA activities is:
- To develop and to establish a marketing research code of ethics and conduct of marketing research
- To provide staff training on marketing research
- To conduct research and development on marketing research
- To raise the overall level of professional expertise on marketing research
- To respond to complaints concerning marketing research practices
- To establish cooperation and exchange between domestic and international activities related to marketing research
- Once a year during Spring
- Approximately 600 to 700 marketing researchers from both suppliers and buyers in Japan participate in the one-day conference.
- Advanced Seminar (e.g., Machine-learning)
- Beginners’ Seminar (e.g., Basic Statistics)
- Qualitative Research Seminar (e.g., Focus groups)
- Studies on biases from sampling frames and from respondent’s characteristics
- Consultancy on copyright issues when marketing researchers need to use photos or moving films from TV advertisements
- Comparative studies on the results from online research and from traditional methods
- JMRA Mail Magazine ( monthly web-magazine)
- Promotion and assistance of publications for marketing researchers
LEGAL ADVISORY SERVICES
Legal advisory services for member companies
QUALITY STANDARDS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Promotion of JIS Y 20252 (identical to ISO 20252:2019) and other relevant standards within the industry
- Promotion to improve social status of marketing researchers
- Strengthening the relationships with international and regional research associations in the globe.
- Lobbying activities and networking activities toward governments and other business industries in Japan